Finally, an insurance company that’s mastered what happens ‘after’.
The true test of insurance isn’t when you buy it. It’s when you need to use it. That’s why at The Hearth we pride ourselves on being knowledgeable and accessible. We want using your policy to be as easy as buying it. We like to think we’re restoring people’s homes, cars, and their faith in insurance companies.
Step 1: Report a Claim
Why Contact Us First
Don’t get hooked by a fraudulent company offering repairs. Trust the experts and adjusters at The Hearth to make things right.
Here's a promise we can keep—If you call before 3pm, an adjuster will call you on the same day. If you call after 3pm, we'll call you back before 10am the following day. Have these ready:
- Policy number
- Contact information
- Loss description
Complete the Form
If you don’t want to call in your claim, use this handy form. Someone will contact you as soon as possible. Claim Form B
Step 2: After You Report
- Above all, be safe. Then if possible…
- Take photos
- Make emergency temporary repairs to prevent further damage (stop/extract water, place tarps on roofs, board up broken windows)
- While attempting to clean up as much as possible, especially after a hurricane, do not throw away household belongings such as furniture or any personal items until these items have been inspected by a Hearth representative
- Keep all receipts (including living expenses if directly associated with your loss)
- In the event of theft, notify the police
- Prepare an inventory of damaged or stolen items
- Avoid making permanent repairs until you speak with your adjuster and we can inspect
Making Things Right
Call in the ExpertsYou want your home restored back to the way it was, with quality repairs that are done quickly. But it’s all too easy to get caught off guard and taken advantage of when unscrupulous contractors swoop in. That’s why we created The Hearth Care. Because we know that after a loss, all you want is to get back to your normal life. So we’ve built a national network of experts who will make things right. Guaranteed. We’ve assembled a team including everything from mitigation experts who keep things from getting worse, to general contractors and service providers who can repair and restore your home. And all work is backed by a 5-year warranty, which means the repairs, and your peace of mind, will last.
The Hearth Care at a Glance:
- The best way to protect your home after a loss is to mitigate the damage as soon as possible.
- It is important that a professional company assist you with this mitigation to prevent further damage.
- We offer a national network of mitigation and restoration contractors.
- Don’t get conned by those fly-by-night contractors. Our network members are licensed and insured.
- As a valued policyholder, you have the option of utilizing one of our preferred and approved vendors.
- Our network offers excellence and quality backed with total accountability for all work done.
Beware of Fraud
There a lot of companies trying to get you to make fast repairs. Be very wary. Make sure you are in contact with us and your adjuster before making permanent repairs. We have an Insurance Fraud Department that works closely with the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB). As the NICB puts it: While most (claims) are legitimate, many are not. Property owners should always contact their insurance company first and follow their guidance before entering into any agreement with a contractor—especially if it was an unsolicited contact. That is why NICB always advises, “If you didn’t request it, reject it.” Learn more about fraud associated with water damage. Wall Street Journal: What Could Raise Hurricane Irma’s Costs? Letting Contractors Handle Claims